Saturday, January 11, 2014

Into the Forest Blog Hop Reveal!

Ok, so here it is...finally got all of my designs made.  Lisa Lodge, an awesome jewelry designer, offered this challenge to all us other designers. She gave us some beautiful beads to work with...below are my creations. I will admit, I had a bit of a difficult time figuring out something different with these beads.  I didn't want a typical necklace or even a typical bracelet.  I guess that's the fun of creating...LOL  
Here are my two pieces I created with the yummy beads...
I found these fun metal leaves at Joann fabrics.  I really like that I was able to add a little dangle of beads on the bottom.  I used Tim Holtz metal patina to add some fun to the leaves...

I used some sari silk strips and braided them and wrapped them around the loops.  I then used the seed beads to make simple rings around the wire which I wrapped to hold the sari silk on the loop.  I used copper wire through out to hold all of the beads together.

I didn't really have enough of the larger beads to create what I was thinking of doing, so I decided to do a crazy kumihimo bracelet instead.  I mixed in some black glass beads to add more depth to both my pieces...

THANK YOU LISA.....

Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Eleanor Burian Moore, The Charmed Life
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Chris Eisenberg, Wanderware
Christine Stonefield, Sweet Girl Design
Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn's Creations
Janine Lucas, Esfera Travel Blog
Jasvanti Patel, Jewelry by Jasvanti
Shaiha Williams,   Shaiha's Ramblings
Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz
Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Toltec  Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Christie Searle Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry
Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
Monique Urquhart, A Half-Baked Notion
Janet Bocciardi, Honey from the Bee
Dini Bruinsma, Angaza by Changes
Heather Richter, Desert Jewelry Designs
Christina Miles, Wings n Scales
Elizabeth Engriser, Bead Contagion
Alice Peterson, Alice Dreaming
Alicia Marinache, All the Pretty Things
Catherine Yvonne King, Catherine's Musings
Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs