Friday, March 27, 2009

New Jewelry

Boy, I have been so busy lately I dont even have time to breath! Here is a small example of what has been keeping me sooooo busy...but I love it!! I have so much more than this made. I need to start putting them up on my Etsy site soon...K, off to drink and be merry....its FRIDAY!!!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Here is Magrat, my second attempt. I like her much better. Her head has better shape and I like the look on her face. I think I could have done a little better on stuffing her upper body but other than that she is looking really good now. I have never made a doll to this extreme before and I just love it! I painted the face much better and learned a little trick about the watercolor on the face... I sprayed it with Fix All after I put the skin tone on. The colors did not bleed at all. Only thing is I had to use a scruffy brush to smooth in the paint...but it wasnt bad at all... I need to learn more about sculpting the face. Her nose didnt turn out as good as the first doll..but its not bad. I know the more dolls I make, the better and easier it will be for me to sculpt the faces... I made her legs already but I will put the photos up later...Off to work I go...

Here is my first attempt at making Magrat for the Disc World Challenge doll. I didnt like how her head turned out and the watercolor bled along the mouth. I think she looks very masculine here. I like her shape moreless other than the other flaws in the design. UGH!!!

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Matzu Sea Goddess

Wow...this is my very first fully hand sculpted doll using Super Sculpey clay, I think she turned out pretty darn good. Only thing is her eyes look like they are bulging out of her head...LOL I thought she looked a little asian so I named her Matzu and the sea goddess from China. I learned how to do the peyote stitch on Friday and I cant seem to get enough of fun! Much easier than I thought it would be. After I took the class, I knew I wanted to make this doll face. She is made on a 1 " wooden plug. I have made faces before but only with using push molds, so this was a little more fun and a lot more challenging. I need to make a small investment in the proper tools though...I think if I had a few more tiny tools it would have been easier to make. I am definately going to make more of these.... OH, and I painted her with Genesis Oil paints, much better to work with than acrylics in this case I thought!