Thursday, August 04, 2011

Blueberry Syrup

So, now for the really yummy stuff, the syrup!
I did make this a little too sweet I think, but syrup is sweet anyways. Here are the ingredients:

Blueberry Syrup

1 cup water
1 1/c cup powdered sugar
1 tbs pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 to 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed, rinsed and drained

In a medium sauce pan, put the water, sugar and vanilla extact in.  Bring to a boil and let it cook for about 5 minutes.  I like to make sure you get a nice thick sauce.  You can test this with a candy themometer but I usually just test mine by taking a taste...let it cool slightly on the spoon before you take a taste..you could burn your tongue, plus its thinner when its hot, and you are checking to make sure it is thick enough.  If its not thick enough after 5 minutes, continue to boil until you get the results you want.  Dont boil too long or you just might get jelly instead...LOL
After  you have the right consistency, add your blueberries.  Again, bring them to a boil, and continue for a couple of minutes.  Test your syrup, and it should be ready to go!  I put mine in a jar and let it cool some before serving.









This is a quick and simple recipe!  Hope you love the pancakes and blueberry syrup if you give them a try.  Drop me a line too if you do!! 

4 comments:

  1. I never realized syrup making was so simple! Thank you for sharing! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! My brother in law makes great maple syrup too. Now to try and make sugar free syrup with blueberries...my next adventure..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that 11 cups of powder sugar? I hope not it sounds good and would love to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...nooooo... 1 and 1/2 cups...hehehehehe....you will love it..trust me! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR STOPPIN BY!