Saturday, January 16, 2010

My new Domino Necklace



Ok, after some hard work and hrs of stitching, here is my latest and greatest. I really like the way this turned out. I am seriously considering a tutorial for this, what do you think? This is my painting, I put her on a domino. I glittered her up and added some flat pearls. I haven't done a whole lot of peyote stitching and actually made this by trial and error. The error being the outer beads. I made the strip of beads too long, so I set them aside. Then decided to try making the rest, and I did. Then I slipped the outer beads over the edges and stitched them on and viola! A perfect fit. Now the trick is to make this again...LOL


Here is a better front view...

8 comments:

  1. It's wonderful...a fabulous little treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beading around the domino!!! Not fond of the painting. I don't think that it is strong enough for the wonderful beading. Sorry but do love the beadwork and use of the domino. ;-)) Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yvonne, I appreciate your honesty! After I made this one, my mind started thinking a little more...and I do have more plans..hehehe...its just a matter of time...Im not an experienced beader but I really did enjoy making this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The domino necklace is beautiful. Love the beadwork! What work that must be. And the knitting markers are way cool.....I'm a knitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paulette....Im still working on a new necklace...maybe by this weekend I can get er done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really neat too! I'm starting to like mixed media more and more. It's nice to see someone incorporating beads as well - another love of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, as I have said before...dont know when...hehehe...but one can never have enough beads...oh and yarn too!!! THANKS...

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR STOPPIN BY!