Saturday, May 22, 2010

Im sad...

Yes, I am sad.  My Aunt is not doing well.  She was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer level 4 about a year ago.  She has been going through Chemo for a long time and just last night I found out she has been hospitalized.  I talked to my Mom today, which is my Aunts sister, and explained it all to me.  She has been hospitalized because she can not eat.  They found an obstruction in her bowels and have her going through this process now of clearing it out.  In the mean time, she has acquired pneumonia.  I am so sad for her.  Her battle has been a rough ride so far, and I fear it is not going to get any easier for her.  I live so far away that it makes it difficult for me to visit her.  Not that she is up for any kind of company.  But at the same time, I don't want to see her in this sad state.  She is awfully thin, and my Mom said she does not look well at all.  All I can do is sit back and pray for her.  She is my favorite Aunt and I am sure she knows how much I love her.  My mom told me she wore the earrings I recently made her to her Dr. appt. the day they admitted her to the hospital. It just tears me up inside, but I know she will be just fine no matter what happens. She has been strong so far, but ultimately she will lose the battle since there is no cure for they type of cancer.  Please say a prayer for her and her family.  Thank you for listening to me, and for saying a prayer for her...

Chris

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. Such sad news can be heavy on your heart, especially with someone you love very much. I will think of your Aunt with respect and love and hope she is both comfortable and happy.
    Whskr @ Dash Kitten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whiskr, that was beautifully said and I really appreciate it very much.

    She is still in the hospital and hanging in there. I am going to be there in 2 weeks so I am hoping she will be home by then.

    Again,

    Thank you!
    Much love,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry to hear this. My friend and neighbor the same thing. If it is not to late, go see her, let her know you love her if you can get to her, if not just give her a call. I will pray for both of you and your family your all saddened by this. God bless. cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cathy,

    Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers...it is such a horrible disease and I hope that there is a cure before too long...

    God Bless you too...

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR STOPPIN BY!