Sunday, March 01, 2009

Matzu Sea Goddess





Wow...this is my very first fully hand sculpted doll using Super Sculpey clay, I think she turned out pretty darn good. Only thing is her eyes look like they are bulging out of her head...LOL I thought she looked a little asian so I named her Matzu and the sea goddess from China. I learned how to do the peyote stitch on Friday and I cant seem to get enough of it...so fun! Much easier than I thought it would be. After I took the class, I knew I wanted to make this doll face. She is made on a 1 " wooden plug. I have made faces before but only with using push molds, so this was a little more fun and a lot more challenging. I need to make a small investment in the proper tools though...I think if I had a few more tiny tools it would have been easier to make. I am definately going to make more of these.... OH, and I painted her with Genesis Oil paints, much better to work with than acrylics in this case I thought!

4 comments:

  1. Your goddess is absolutely wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Yvonne! I thought I had her sold, but no such luck..LOL...but I am also afraid to sell her....we have this bond...Hehehehe... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an excellent job! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR STOPPIN BY!