Wednesday, March 11, 2009


Here is Magrat, my second attempt. I like her much better. Her head has better shape and I like the look on her face. I think I could have done a little better on stuffing her upper body but other than that she is looking really good now. I have never made a doll to this extreme before and I just love it! I painted the face much better and learned a little trick about the watercolor on the face... I sprayed it with Fix All after I put the skin tone on. The colors did not bleed at all. Only thing is I had to use a scruffy brush to smooth in the paint...but it wasnt bad at all... I need to learn more about sculpting the face. Her nose didnt turn out as good as the first doll..but its not bad. I know the more dolls I make, the better and easier it will be for me to sculpt the faces... I made her legs already but I will put the photos up later...Off to work I go...