Sunday, June 03, 2012


I have been looking at books all week long...fun books as you can see.  I thought it would be fun to play with some clay today. I really like these beads I made with sculpy 3 clay.  They have a good sale going on at Joanns so I grabbed up several different colors.  Ive used polymer clay before but never really did a lot with it other than some stamping.  I bought this beautiful dress last weekend and needed a necklace to go along with it.  So this is what I came up with.  But I think I need more beads...lol

So, I mixed the blue and green together, the blue is metallic.  I layered the blue on the bottom, a thin layer of black on top, then a roll of translucent in the middle.  Wrapped the blue and black around the translucent and rolled it to a thinner cylinder.  Then I cut it in 5 strips, rolled them all together, cut them again in 5, rolled again...then cut it into 4 and rolled them together to get the look on the center log you see in this picture.  I used the scraps and sliced them up and rolled them all together into a bead as you see below the first picture.   I know its lousy instructions, but I thought I would share with you how I got the fun look. I need to make more with different colors.  I have more ideas...summer is almost here...I cant wait to create!
Before


After...see how cool they turned out!  I am so excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR STOPPIN BY!