Sunday, June 13, 2010

Heaven

I strongly believe there is a Heaven.  On Weds. June 9th, my Aunt Kathy got her wings and flew to Heaven.  She fought long and hard to survive, but the cancer fought harder than what she could do.  I am sad and happy.  Sad that I will miss her, sad that my Uncle will be alone, sad for my mom for the loss of her younger sister and best friend.  But I am also happy that I had her for my aunt, happy she is no longer in pain and suffering, and just happy that she is home with her parents/my grandparents and her older sister/my other aunt.  Death is not an easy process in life to deal with, it is confusing.  Should one be happy or sad?  As you see, I feel it is both.  I know things will be fine for those who were so close to her.  The hurt will eventually mend, but the memories will never go away.
If there is anything I learned from the passing of my Aunt, is that Ovarian cancer is silent and deadly.  I never really paid much attention to it since there was really no need.  But now, Ovarian cancer should be further researched and there should be a cure of some kind out there.  Most women who get Ovarian cancer are diagnosed way too late.  Be aware, always get check-ups on a regular basis.  Ask your relatives if anybody in your family has ever been diagnosed with it, or other cancers.  Its a terrible disease and it really needs to be cured.....
God Bless you all....

Chris

9 comments:

  1. Prayers and virtual hugs. I'm so glad you're able to find comfort in the midst of the pain. It sounds like your aunt was very loved, and so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen...cant wait til you move here...Im waiting... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, I'm sorry for your loss.

    My mother died from pancreatic cancer. That's another of those sneaky ones. She had gone for a general check up and they saw some odd liver enzymes and it was too late for her.

    Robyn C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your family's loss. Cancer took my dad in a matter of months. We do have fund raisers here in Sacramento for ovarian cancer. Just had a big fabric sale to benefit research for it. More people are starting to find out about it.
    hugs for you
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss Christina. Your Aunt looks like a wonderful woman. Yes, cancer doesn't play fair. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much to all of you who have left a comment. It means so much to me. It feels good knowing people who dont even really know me or my family really care and have such kind hearts. I have been blessed to know my Aunt for as long as I had. She has always had a special place in my heart. I do miss her, and I am sure she knows it and is telling me to stop boohooing and move on...she was that type of person...she was even making her funny little comments to me the last time we saw eachother when she had very little strength left. Always cracking jokes to the end...I do hope I have that strength when my time comes around..

    God Bless all of you....

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for vyour loss. I am sending you healing hugs and prayers for your family. I lost both parents to cancer.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sister! I can't tell you how beautifully written that was! Aunt . was a wonderful aunt. She will be missed very much. Maybe you can ask all your friends to make a donation to AMS at my website in memory of someone they love or just cause. Use this link http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=20560

    Donate to team "JUMP FOR A CURE"

    I love you!!
    SHeila

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR STOPPIN BY!